Technical Theatre Workshop
This practical hands-on workshop, led by an experienced lighting and sound technician, will give participants the opportunity to not only work alongside an expert in the field of technical theatre, but offers the ability to experiment with lighting and sound equipment.
Workshop content covered;
- Different types of lights and their function with an opportunity to handle them and operate them.
- Accessories of lights (shutters/ barn doors, and how gobo’s are used not just in theatre but other aspects of life)
- Experimenting with colours of lights and the effect they give.
- Looking at the difference between Abstract and Naturalistic lighting
- Experimenting with angles of lighting and their effect.
- Exploring lighting design and plotting
- Exploring parts of a sound system
- Reviewing the purpose of sound in a performance
- Investigating types of microphones and parts of a mixing desk
- Looking at cue sheets of how to link it all together.
- Lighting and Sound in practice- in a small ‘in house’ show.
- Analysis of all technical elements of the show.
Suitable for Ages 12+
Spaces Available: 16
Date and Time: Saturday 20th May 2017 (1-5pm)
Venue: Hennessy Room, Milton Keynes Theatre
Cost: £25 per person
Contact us now to book a space on this course.